Raw Cacao & Avocado Fudge Recipe
I love chocolate and I love fudge. Usually fudge is made of condensed milk, butter and sugar. But not this clean, vegan and gluten free chocolate fudge. Full of healthy fats from avocado and coconut oil which are combined with the antioxidant power of raw cacao powder.
This fudge is creamy, chocolaty and it most definitely satisfies my chocolate cravings I get after meals occasionally. Because it’s full of healthy fats, 1 piece is all I need to be happy again. You have to store it in the freezer otherwise it will melt and won’t last as long.
There is another big reason why I love this fudge. My hubby like most men, doesn’t know his way around the kitchen.:) He always forgets to check the freezer for snacks and, like any man, he loves snacks. So, there is no fights about the fudge. I usually get it all.:) Ssssshhhhh!!!
1 Large ripe Avocado
5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Cacao Butter
4 Tbsp Coconut Butter
3 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp Brown Rice syrup, maple syrup or 1 tsp Navitas Stevia powder
Pinch Sea salt
- In a small pot, gently melt the butters & coconut oils until smooth.
- Add to a food processor all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a dish, lined with plastic wrap or baking paper for easy removal, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the dish in the freezer, and allow the fudge to set for at least an hour before slicing and serving. Thanks to the coconut oil, this raw fudge will melt quickly if left to sit in a warm room, so it’s best served directly from the freezer.
- Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the freezer. (As far as I know, it will last indefinitely in the freezer– but mine never lasts too long!)