Seedy Bread – Grain FREE
I wish I could post smells onto the website cos this grain free, nut free loaf smells soooo delicious!
I make this loaf a couple of times a week so I have something to grab on the run or to have when I get home and I’m starving!
It’s a fab gap filler, and it”s super nutritious….I always change the flavours with each loaf but the core ingredients stay the same! Olive’s and fresh basil are the star or featured picks in this yum recipe.
- 1 cup ground linseed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60g melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt or coconut cream
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Add anything else you feel like (olives, fresh herbs, smoked paprika etc)
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and process until ground but still with some chunky bits. (I prefer to soak these seeds overnight)
- In a large bowl mix together, ground linseed, chia seeds, sesame seeds, salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix gently to combine – will make a thick batter (not a bread dough), if it seems too dry add some extra yoghurt or coconut cream.
- Transfer to loaf tin and bake for approx 50mins until firm.