One of the most common questions I hear from people who start following a paleo diet is about oats. More specifically it is about how much they miss having their daily morning porridge and is there a way they can still enjoy a little oatmeal every now and then. When it comes to oats themselves, they are not really paleo friendly (although there are ways to prepare traditional oats to make them less problematic). Alternatively, there are many paleo friendly ways to make a porridge like breakfast that is equally comforting and delicious. This is a recipe that can be altered to whatever nut and seed combinations you have in your pantry.
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkind seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup nuts of your choice, almond, brazil, walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until finely ground
- Add to a small pot and add water and heat gently until porridge is smooth.
- Transfer porridge to a bowl
- Garnish with raisins, sunflower seeds or berries of your choice.
- Serve with your favourite Coconut Yoghurt & Almond Milk