How it works
Ozone therapy stimulates the body toward homeostasis by creating a mild, acute oxidative stress and activates the NRF2 pathway (the same pathway activated during exercise and fasting). Among many mechanisms of action, ozone therapy is able to increase the body’s natural antioxidant production, enhance oxygen metabolism, and modulate the immune system.
Ozone therapy has been extensively researched in Europe and Cuba for the last sixty years. Millions of treatments have been performed with a higher safety record than aspirin. While you cannot breath ozone due to the lack of antioxidant defences in the lungs, it can be safely administered in many other parts of the body.
What it’s used for
Ozone therapy works with the mechanisms of disease through its ability to stimulate the fundamental processes of the body.
● Chronic diseases – cancer, lyme, autoimmune, infectious diseases, etc.
● Wound care – Non-healing wounds, ulcers, sores, rashes, etc.
● Anti-aging/longevity – Mediates oxidative stress, a leading cause of ageing.
● In a clinic – In addition to the treatments listed below, intravenous and intramuscular
● Patients can do daily at home – Popular treatments include rectal, ear, vaginal, ozone water, nasal breathing, cupping and limb bagging
● Increased energy and stamina – Due to improved oxygen efficiency and metabolism
● Sense of wellbeing – Not entirely understood, but reported by top researchers
● Herxheimer reaction – Not comfortable, may activate the immune system which kills pathogens and causes a die-off reaction from all the endotoxins released.
● Decreased pain and discomfort – Reduces inflammation which may help to reduce pain. Also calms down autoimmune discomfort by quieting down the immune system (immune modulator)
● Improved clarity/decreased brain fog – Due to improved oxygen efficiency and metabolism